Why I Dislike A Lot Of Popular People...

This might get real deep so just giving you a pre-warning.
This post is about why I dislike, not hate because that is a strong word, many "popular" people. 
Let's get it straight first, by "popular" I am referring to a specific kind of popular, the type in large groups, who use the power they have in negative ways.

Reason 1: Hatred against certain types of people.

Bullying, racism and sexism are all types of hatred. Personally, I have experienced racism and know of people who have had a similar experience happen to them. 

The people who believe violating others because of their culture, ethnicity or race is okay. These people use the large groups they're in, as a source of confidence to perform behaviors that offend others. Being in this "popularity" state of mind gives the person power to think they can say and do as they like, because they have "supporters" in their group as defence for themselves.

Reason 2: In-direct actions or behavior against people.

An example of what I mean is making people feel excluded or isolated, because they're not part of that group. Purposely deciding to exclude others to "fit in" their own group.

E.g When teams are being picked, the team captains are the "popular" people who make the last person to be chosen, feel unwanted and worthless. 

And I can say most of the time it was me who felt a bit unwanted in these situations but I never let them make me feel bad about myself.

Reason 3- Judgment before knowing someone.

This is one that definitely annoys me. Judging people before you know them and especially when its a group of people. 

I have had it myself, where I am the new kid and before they even know you, they already make the assumption that you won't fit in with their group, you don't fit to their standards and your not as popular as them, so you don't deserve the chance to be their friend or part of their group.

And I say fair do's on them then. If they don't want me to be their friend or part of their group, then that is their loss. Simple as...

So... a bit of a different post shall I say, but please leave your thoughts in the comments below, it would be much appreciated. Also give this a +1 if you enjoyed this post.

Adios peeps xx






Comments

  1. Very well said. We should all show kindness, compassion and acceptance to eachother, regardless of race, gender, or any other factors that people have used to create a divide between people. Spread love, not hate! :) X

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can agree soooooo much with this... luckily, I haven’t experienced this very much and the people I meet are often amazing people...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Hi guys, please leave a comment below if you can, but please make sure it is friendly and appropriate. All comments are reviewed and may be reported if unsuitable or inappropriate.

Thanks x

Popular posts from this blog

Life Update: Exams Are Over!!

September Favourites!!!!!